Home »

Vp-24

The meaning of «vp-24»

Patrol Squadron 24 (VP-24) was a Patrol Squadron of the U.S. Navy. The squadron was established as Bombing Squadron One Hundred Four (VB-104) on 10 April 1943, redesignated as Patrol Bombing Squadron One Hundred Four (VPB-104) on 1 October 1944, redesignated as Patrol Squadron One Hundred Four (VP-104) on 15 May 1946, redesignated Heavy Patrol Squadron (Landplane) Four (VP-HL-4) on 15 November 1946, redesignated Patrol Squadron Twenty Four (VP-24) on 1 September 1948, the third squadron to be assigned the VP-24 designation, redesignated Attack Mining Squadron Thirteen (VA-HM-13) on 1 July 1956, redesignated Patrol Squadron Twenty Four (VP-24) on 1 July 1959 and disestablished 30 April 1995.[1]

The squadron was assigned to these home ports, effective on the dates shown:[1]

The squadron first received the following aircraft on the dates shown:[1]

- * Former USN/USMC aircraft designation system was changed to a joint DoD designation system in 1962, resulting in the P2V-7S being redesignated as the SP-2H.

Related Searches

Ebola viral protein 24
VP-26
VP-23
VP-47
VP-46
VP-45
VP-28
VP-44 (1951-91)

Choice of words

contact us full version